CONFIG_HIGHMEM64G=y for x86_64 SMP kernels

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Tue Aug 31 14:42:14 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-08-31 at 03:08, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> >   CONFIG_HIGHMEM=y
> >   CONFIG_HIGHMEM64G=y
>
> these don't exist for x86-64 !!!!

Hi Arjan & others,

Thank you for setting me straight on this issue.

I guess it was just a coincidence that some of the kernels worked with
mem=12G and others didn't.  I've moved the machine to a new location and
now *none* of the kernels I have (neither mine nor the Fedora ones) will
boot with "mem=12G".  The best I can get to work is "mem=3950M".

I'll try re-seating the RAM and see if that helps.

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
             Cambridge, MA 02139-4307