Kernel 2.6.8-1.521 breaks Cisco VPN client...

Bob Chiodini chiodr at kscems.ksc.nasa.gov
Tue Aug 31 17:45:16 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-08-31 at 13:34, Kim B. Nielsen wrote:
> That's oddd...
>
> I've experienced my behaviour on two different laptops now. For some
> reasen, the wireless has worked perfectly in both cases, but not the wire...
> The laptops are from two different manufacturers (Dell and IBM) So
> somehow I don't think it's a unique problem related to one specific
> laptop or network card.
>
> /kbn
>
> Denis Leroy wrote:
>
> >I'm also using the Cisco VPN client here at Sun, to connect my laptop
> >from home, but I'm not having the problem,  for me things are working
> >correctly with the 521 kernel, at least on the wire (never quited
> >worked with the wireless card though). Though i mainly use ssh, dns
> >resolutions certainly work...
> >
> >-denis
> >
> >--- "Kim B. Nielsen" <kbn at daimi.au.dk> wrote:

Kim,

Was the 521 kernel the first one to fail?  Also, what type of hardware
are your two interfaces?  Does the wired interface work correctly on
your local LAN without the VPN?  Which Cisco client are you using?

Lots of questions and no real answers, sorry.

This might be a long shot, but try running ethereal while in the VPN
tunnel and look for errors associated with the UDP packets.

Bob...