Elektrified X.org released (was: X configuration paradigm, and a proposal)

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Wed Dec 1 22:34:07 UTC 2004

--On Wednesday, December 01, 2004 1:41 PM -0300 Avi Alkalay
<avibrazil at gmail.com> wrote:

> How many times per year you edit modern windows registry by hand?

Quite a lot. The ability to grep the registry would be really nice, but no
built-in tool offers that. One has to buy commercial add-ons for that.
Backing up the whole registry is also a PITA.

But I don't think Elektra suffers these problems. As long as it's all text
files and state isn't held in memory, unavailable to backup programs, I'm
fine with it.