X86_64 Yum Question

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Wed Dec 8 15:07:16 UTC 2004

Is there a way to tell yum to install a i386 version of some package if
the x86_64 version isn't available? Is there some documentation that I
should be reading on this? Or more generally on the do's and don'ts of
mixing 32 bit apps onto an 64 system?

Thanks for any guidance.

				Janina

> Hi,
>
> When I select Preferences -> Advanced in Thunderbird 1.0rc I see a
>
>   XML Parsing Error: not well-formed
>   Location: chrome://messenger/content/pref-advanced.xul
>   Line number 208, Column 5:
>
> This is after rebuilding the src.rpm on RHEL3 (with a few tweaks),
> so I'm now wondering if this also happens on FC3.  Anyone?
>
> Thanks,

This kind of problem happened to me after upgrading without restarting
thunderbird.  Have you tried closing thunderbird completely and reopening?

Warren