Stateless livecd problem

Jean-Marie Renouard jmrenoua at alcove.fr
Wed Dec 15 15:27:10 UTC 2004

Hello,

I try to make a liveCD from a fresh installed Fedora Core 3.
The CD boots, the hardware is well detected.
1) I have some SELinux error messages ( normal ?)

2) As the filesystem is mount in read only mode, none of the services
running on my original system
can start.
They try to write locks under /var/locks/subsys according to their
/etc/init.d scripts but they can't.

How can we solve this problem in order to be able to restart a server
from a livecd with the same services running ?
How can we set up or mount /var in a read/write mode and keep original
data available too ?

Best regards,
Jean-Marie Renouard