Elektrified X.org released

Cam camilo at mesias.co.uk
Wed Dec 1 18:00:56 UTC 2004

Sean

>>From the docs: "This method will block your program until one of the
> folowing happens:"
>
> I'm imaging it works by just re-reading the DB on each iteration.
> kdbMonitorKeys has to be a performance monster...

 From looking at the sources, I think it does. But that's not the point.
And it's a bit harsh to judge the API on it's first implementation.

I think it's useful work to try and port apps to a common config API, so
long as the API is capable. Elektra seems to be written with the
assumption that the back end will be reimplemented, so maybe one day it
will. Until then, poor performance of some less-used parts of the API
shouldn't be a problem.

-Cam
--
camilo at mesias.co.uk                                                 <--