adventures in booting

Franco Catrin fcatrin at tuxpan.com
Thu Dec 2 19:33:26 UTC 2004

El jue, 02-12-2004 a las 14:06 -0500, David Zeuthen escribió:

[...]

> This sounds much simpler and better; for good measure, ensure that the
> reserved area is in the beginning of the partition as reads are
> generally faster on lower sectors. This article seems to suggest
>
>  http://www.kernelthread.com/mac/apme/optimizations/
>
> that Mac OS X is doing something that like although it appears to be on
> a file system level rather than a block level. The concept of "hot
> files" is interesting.

I was looking for this document for a long time, thanks.

BootCache sounds to me like a dynamic readahead, opposite to the current
static readahead in Fedora.  Done this way would rock for those users
that doesn't use the predefined readahead.files fileset

--
Franco Catrin L.  TUXPAN
http://www.tuxpan.com/fcatrin