Troubles (bug) with control-center

Jonathan Underwood j.underwood at open.ac.uk
Sat Dec 4 02:09:33 UTC 2004

Hi,

I'm not entirely sure if it's appropriate to bring this problem across to
here - apologies if not.

I just did a fresh install of FC3 onto a box previously running FC2,
wiping the root partition, but leaving the/home partition untouched.  On
using an account that had previously been used under FC2,
gnome-keybinding-properties and gnome-theme-manager segfault.  However,
from a new user account created under FC3, these programs function fine.
So, I deleted .gnome* .gconf* .gtkrc .pan .themes .icons .gstreamer-0.8
directories from the older account to see if that cleared up the problem.
No joy.  So then I copied these across from the new (FC3) account, and
again, no joy. So something seems to be breaking gnome 2.8 for accounts
previously used under FC2, but it's not clear what. There's a bug report
that's been open a while on this (Bugzilla 129098). Any insight gratefully
received.

Thanks,
Jonathan.

ps. please cc me on any replies.