Splash.xpm.gz

Colin Charles byte at aeon.com.my
Sat Dec 4 09:18:37 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-12-02 at 16:39 -0600, W. Michael Petullo wrote:
> Why is boot/grub/splash.xpm.gz included in the kernel RPM?  Why is it
> not in the grub RPM instead?  The reason I ask is that, when using
> Fedora's kernel, splash.xpm.gz is installed on my PowerPC-based system.
> Yaboot is used instead of grub on PowerPC.

Its fedora-logos-1.1.29-1, I just installed FC-3 on PowerPC (fresh
install) to make sure

Looks like fedora-logos needs a fix, but the funny thing is, when you
take a look at the fedora-logos.spec file, it has a nice little stub of
information that mentions the /boot/grub/splash.xpm.gz bit should be
ifarch i386, but its not been implemented/changed :)

I guess this is a peril of having fedora-logos as noarch, as opposed to
making it arch-specific
Colin Charles, byte at aeon.com.my
http://www.bytebot.net/
then you win." -- Mohandas Gandhi