Splash.xpm.gz

W. Michael Petullo mike at flyn.org
Fri Dec 3 02:30:37 UTC 2004

>> Why is boot/grub/splash.xpm.gz included in the kernel RPM?  Why is it
>> not in the grub RPM instead?  The reason I ask is that, when using
>> Fedora's kernel, splash.xpm.gz is installed on my PowerPC-based system.
>> Yaboot is used instead of grub on PowerPC.

> on my x86 fc3 system splash.xpm.gz is part of fedora-logos package
> in the development i386 tree splash.xpm.gz is part of fedora-logos packages
> in fact the version of fedora-logos is the same in fc3 as in
> development at the moment.
> are you really really sure /boot/grub/splash.xpm.gz on your system is
> part of the kernel rpm?

Oops.  Let me rephrase my question why is splash.xpm.gz a part of the
fedora-logos...  Well, that makes a little more sense I suppose (obvious
trademark-type material should not go in GRUB RPM).  Sorry for the
confusion.  I suppose /boot/grub/splash.xpm.gz will remain on my system
while I patiently wait for GRUB 2's Mac support?  I'll concede that a
fedora-logos-grub package would be a bit much.

--
Mike

:wq