Wine/Cedega and fedora 3

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Mon Dec 6 13:52:21 UTC 2004

On Mon, Dec 06, 2004 at 12:15:54PM +0100, Kjetil Nygård wrote:
> 1. Removed prelinking
>    (Think it should have been enough to remove "exec-shield")
> 2. echo 1>/proc/sys/vm/legacy_va_layout

Or to put it another way "disabled security to make buggy application
software work"

> Is it possible to change these in fedora so that users doesn't have to
> do this themselves?

When put differently it sounds a bad idea to me. Perhaps Transgaming could
lookg into why their software is making memory layout and exec assumptions
(assuming they haven't already of course) ? If it is tripping a real bug it
would be useful to know

Alan