Wine/Cedega and fedora 3

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Tue Dec 7 21:31:52 UTC 2004

On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 15:19:33 -0500, Alan Cox wrote:
> Wine was always buggy, it made an assumption that the LSB, POSIX, and SuS didnt
> allow. That doesn't have a lot to do with whether people appreciate the amount
> of work required and done to resolve it.

Yes, I thought you might say that. Technically there's a possibility that
it'll rain for a week solid in Wales and your house will be washed away.
Presumably you don't have a wall of sandbags permenantly in place to
guard against this? Of course, there are no guarantees it
won't happen, but presumably you'd still appreciate a bit of help if it
did.

We could attempt to anticipate every potential possibility allowed under
every standard implemented by the kernel, and then code around them. But
then we'd spend all our time writing code that didn't actually do anything
for the users, instead of making stuff work.