Wine/Cedega and fedora 3

Sean Middleditch elanthis at awesomeplay.com
Wed Dec 8 15:42:36 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-12-08 at 10:15 -0500, Charles R. Anderson wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 09:46:19AM -0500, Sean Middleditch wrote:
> > Why the hell should I have to upgrade my operating system to get a new
> > version of SSH or Exim installed?
>
> Why do you need a new version of SSH?  Are not the RHEL security
> updates sufficient?

RHEL 2.1's OpenSSH does not support gssapi-with-mic.  It's something I
can live without, and am indeed doing just that, because packaging
headaches make it too difficult to use one of the bazillion existing
repositories/packages of newer OpenSSH versions.  The only choice I have
is to install from source, and then I become the security maintainer,
instead of letting the trusted third-party repository do it for me.
AwesomePlay Productions, Inc.