RFC: root/non-root bash prompts different colours?

Rahul Sundaram rahulsundaram at yahoo.co.in
Thu Dec 9 01:11:11 UTC 2004

Hi

 We all know that root's prompt
> starts with '[root'
> and ends with ']# ', users' prompt starts with their
> username and
> ends with ']$ ' already. I wonder why do you want to
> "differentiate
> root/non-root bash prompts" even more?

as explained earlier the nature of fedora attracts
newbies who need to understand that using root always
is a dangerous practise. even administrators would
like a more visual? enhancement.

as long as it works, is not annoying and actually
helpful I dont see any reason why you should complain.

=====
Regards
Rahul Sundaram