Self-Introduction: Jonathan Leighton

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Mon Dec 13 22:43:25 UTC 2004

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 14:11:08 -0800, Per Bjornsson wrote:

[Inkscape 0.40]

> Perhaps I should also warn potential users that it is absolutely crucial
> to have the gtkmm stack (libsigc++, glibmm, gtkmm) compiled with GCC 3.4
> and linked against the corresponding libstdc++ in order to get Inkscape
> to run after compiling it with GCC 3.4.

The Gtkmm stacks is up-to-date. Denis Leroy, who maintains it at
fedora.us, has done two updates recently, which will build just fine
on FC3 whenever that will be done.

> This is an example of when the
> Fedora.us packages for FC2 don't work well on FC3

There are other examples. For instance, libid3 from FC2 breaks k3b-mp3
on FC3 silently. And I doubt, many people try to run the FC2 packages
on FC3 actually, because it looks so questionable to do that.

--
Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg) - Linux 2.6.9-1.681_FC3
loadavg: 1.00 1.08 1.50