Stateless kickstart problem

Arne Grimstrup arne at subaru.naoj.org
Tue Dec 14 01:41:53 UTC 2004

Christopher Hotchkiss wrote:
> I got back to work trying to get this up and running today. I ran into
> the following problem, I needed a proxy to download the stateless
> packages properly, the section of the kickstart is below.
>
>     f.close()
>     def do_chroot (commands):
>         quoted = re.sub ("'", "'\\''", commands)
>         os.system ("chroot /mnt/sysimage sh -c '%s'" % quoted)
>     do_chroot ("http_proxy=\"http://192.168.0.246:3128\"; yum -c
> /tmp/stateless.yum.conf install stateless-client")

I had trouble with RPM and GPG signature checking.  I had to add:

do_chroot("rpm --import http://fedora.redhat.com/about/security/4F2A6FD2.txt")

before the yum command to work around it.

> ### Now launch the real bootstrap
>     sys.path.append ('/mnt/sysimage/usr/share/stateless/')
>     import bootstrap
>     bootstrap.run('aware-of-vacuity.boston.redhat.com', 'Test42')

Does this work for you?  When I run the script, python throws an exception
saying that it can't import gtk.glade.  As near as I can tell, Glade isn't being
used in the script.

> Is this correct? Secondly, what I replace the boston.redhat.com line with?

I'd like to know the answer to this one too.  My guess is that it should point
to my LDAP server, but I'm not sure.

Regards,

Arne Grimstrup
Software Engineer