Status on that intel GFX chip?

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Tue Dec 14 10:36:07 UTC 2004

kyrre at solution-forge.net wrote:
> Which driver (xorg.conf) and xorg verson is that?

Erm I'm not behind that machine right now, but its an FC2 install with
xorg upgraded from rawhide somewhere during FC3 testing. I'm using the
i810 driver afaik. The only problem I had was that the later xorg want
to load i915.o as drm module for the kernel and that wasn't shipped by
fedora at that time. I've filed a bug about this and later kernels have
it. I'm usign the latest kernel from FC2-updates.

BTW The reason for going to the rawhide xorg was that the FC2 xorg
crashes whenever a 3d screensaver kicks in, or maybe it was a powersave
problem, either way the current FC3 xorg should be fixed also.

Regards,

Hans