Fedora Extras CVS: how to get a login?

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Thu Dec 16 15:43:38 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-12-16 at 16:03 +0100, Dries Verachtert wrote:
> I would like to know how we could get a login for this CVS repository? Is
> there also maybe a mailinglist with the commit logs or is it possible to add
> this? Is there a document with policies for committers?

Disclaimer: This is not an official statement.  It's based on my current
understanding of things.  I don't have on an official Red Hat hat and
instead am wearing my community member fedora :)

At this point, the exact policies around how to get a (non-anonymous)
login for Extras CVS haven't fully formed.  It's basically going to end
up being a lot like the policies for a lot of other repositories (think
cvs.gnome.org, etc).  Basically, you start doing some work, gain some
degree of trust and then get an account.  Which will probably basically
be "show some body of work (fixes, new packages, etc) via
mail/bugzilla/something" and then an account gets added.