Fedora Extras CVS: how to get a login?

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Thu Dec 16 16:57:31 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-12-16 at 11:01 -0500, Michael Tiemann wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-12-16 at 10:43, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> > At this point, the exact policies around how to get a (non-anonymous)
> > login for Extras CVS haven't fully formed.  It's basically going to end
> > up being a lot like the policies for a lot of other repositories (think
> > cvs.gnome.org, etc).  Basically, you start doing some work, gain some
> > degree of trust and then get an account.  Which will probably basically
> > be "show some body of work (fixes, new packages, etc) via
> > mail/bugzilla/something" and then an account gets added.
>
> This stuff is forming actively, right now.  For those of you who
> remember my strawman postings this summer
> (https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2004-July/msg01325.html)...well the internal blockages have been cleared.  gdk and I have it solidly on our plate to form these policies by actively building consensus and documenting that consensus right now.  Our goal will be that there will be an official Fedora document that tells you just what you need to do, and people you can go to, who are accountable to you and to the project, to let you in or keep you out based on objective tests.

This is great news!

A framework that helps to grow the packaging community by helping
newbies (like me) create, test, review, modify, and eventually get their
"niche" packages working conveniently within Fedora.  This rocks!

Many thanks to everyone (both @redhat and volunteers) who are making
this happen!

Ed

--