Fedora Extras CVS: how to get a login?

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Thu Dec 16 18:26:36 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-12-16 at 17:07 +0100, Dries Verachtert wrote:
> > extras-commits has what you're looking for.
>
> Thanks i'm subscribed and maybe it's interesting to add this list to the page
> http://fedora.redhat.com/participate/communicate/ ?

Yeah, probably.  But since none of the CVS stuff is listed on the web
site right now, not having the list on there is the least of my
concerns :-)

> > Policy-wise, that'll come at the same time as we start doing the first.
> > But it'll probably end up being something mostly along the lines of be
> > smart, make good packages and there won't be huge problems.
>
> Ok but for example: is each spec file 'owned' by 1 person who is responsible
> for that spec file? Or is the responsibility divided by version of fedora
> core or is everyone equally responsible for all spec files?  I don't expect
> you to write a complete document about the policy but maybe some lines with
> some general guidelines might be interesting for everyone on this list who
> would like to participate?

Oh, I definitely agree that some general guidelines will need to be
written up.  We'll get there.  My hunch is basically per-package owners
with the intent that in most cases, changes for a package go through the
owner.

Jeremy