Me stupid: lost password for gpg

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Thu Dec 16 20:23:58 UTC 2004

Hi,

Some time ago I've done attempts of packages for svgalib on yodl, before
this I didn't really have a need for pgp, so I didn't use gpg. I've done
a few (signed) test releases of packages for svgalib and yodl, but those
got stuck in the QA queue. After this I turned my attention to some
other projects (xmame mainly).

Then some time ago I decided that I wanted to try again to get those
package through the QA queue, and ... oops I forgot my gpg password :|

See I thought, hmm this is going to be an important password letts think
up a new one (mistake!), used it a couple of times then didn't use it
for a few months and now BUMMER!

Seeing how Fedora-Extras is really shaping up now I really would like to
  become an active community member (not a good start this) and do some
packaging.

Now I've already submitted my gpg key to: pgp.mit.edu.
I could ofcourse just nuke my current .gpg dir and start from scratch
since not many people have my public key already, but then my old key
would still be registered at pgp.mit.edu .

The faq at pgp.mit.edu also doesn't make me happy (at all) anything I
can do?

I'm already quite embaressed about this as it is, so no that is SO
stupid replies please.

Thanks & Regards,

Hans