Fedora Extras, Fedora Core CVS Open!

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 03:49:25 UTC 2004

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 03:44:12 +0100 (CET), Dag Wieers <dag at wieers.com> wrote:
> Fedora Extras has to decide whether it will allow those extra macros to
> make it easier to manage SPEC files or if they fork for each new Fedora
> release. There are a few drawbacks, but imnsho there are more advantages.
> (less maintenance required, more communities/resources involved, RHEL
> users don't have to fork Fedora stuff and vice versa, ...)

Is this a hard constraint for you to be a package contributor?  If the
contributor process and build system is ready before a decision is
made on how to incorporate extra macros... are you willing to
contribute "some" packages that don't require extra macros?

I also would like to hear what you think the drawbacks are to allowing
the extra macros to constrast with the list advantages you see.

-jef