Fedora Extras, Fedora Core CVS Open!

Enrico Scholz enrico.scholz at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Fri Dec 17 08:56:01 UTC 2004

gafton at redhat.com (Cristian Gafton) writes:

>> Only fork SPEC files when the complexity of maintaining them becomes
>> harder than the complexity of keeping things synchronised.
>
> I would say the opposite is true as well: only maintain a complex spec
> file if the work required to maintain 3 simpler ones is overwhelming.

The question is, if the complexity added by multi-arch support
overwhelms the base-complexity of the package. Unless there is only
one binary, you will (or better: should) probably end with multiple
subpackages. So, most packages have already a big base-complexity
and an additional '%{_with_fc2:BuildRequires: ...}' will not hurt.

Enrico