FreeTDS

Richard June rjune at bravegnuworld.com
Sat Dec 18 00:29:55 UTC 2004

> Other packaging mistakes after a brief look. In random order:
>
>  * Main package must not contain files %_libdir/*.so
>    All these belong into the -devel package. Same applies to the
>    -unixodbc sub package. It must not include %_libdir/*.so either.
>    These files are needed at build-time only.
Uhm, please, correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought *.so files were shared
objects required by the binary, as such, shouldn't they be in the main or a
libs package, rather than a devel package? I thought .a files went in the
devel package.
--
Public Key available Here:
http://www.bravegnuworld.com/~rjune/pubkey.asc