rawhide report: 20041217 changes

Joel Rittvo joelonlinux at optonline.net
Sat Dec 18 06:05:40 UTC 2004

Build System wrote:

> Updated Packages:
>
> cups-1:1.1.22-5
> ---------------
> * Thu Dec 16 2004 Tim Waugh <twaugh at redhat.com> 1.1.22-5
> - Fixed STR #1023 (part of bug #143086).
> - Fixed STR #1024 (rest of bug #143086).

I subscribe to both the fedora-devel-list and the fedora-test-list, and
as far as I can tell, these Build System Reports only go out to the
developer list.  Shouldn't it be going to the test list as well?  How
else is a tester going to know about the release of a new package?  Most
of us probably only update what we already have, and are clueless that
something new was introduced into Rawhide.  When NetworkManager came
out, I would not have known about that from just the test list for
weeks.  Not a very good way to get things tested promptly . . . . .

Joel Rittvo