buildrequires (was: svn or arch)

Dries Verachtert dries at ulyssis.org
Sat Dec 18 16:09:42 UTC 2004

On Saturday 18 December 2004 00:41, Michael Schwendt wrote:

> In the meantime, give the fedora-rmdevelrpms tool a try:
>
>   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/HOWTOFindMissingBuildRequires

I'm using a slightly modified mach which seems to be described on that page as
a better way for checking for buildrequirements.

> It's included in the fedora-develrpms package. It finds and uninstalls
> a lot of development packages automatically, but at the same depends
> on a minimal set of other development packages which stay installed.
>
> It's a good start, although depending on what you have installed, you
> may see that it fails to uninstall gettext and m4 and any of their
> dependencies.

I tryed it but it indeed can't uninstall some stuff. I also can't use this
regularly on my laptop because i use my laptop for my work.. i need a lot of
those packages installed all the time.

The list given by Cristian Gafton contains quite a lot more.. ( 'base' and
'development-tools' from the comps.xml file). For example it contains already
m4, bison, automake, flex and 40 -devel packages.

The full list of packages of a base fc3 machroot + yum + comps + the groups
base and development tools follows.

kind regards,
Dries Verachtert

tzdata termcap e2fsprogs gawk fedora-release psmisc libacl libstdc++
util-linux hwdata less readline procps mingetty pam openssl beecrypt rpm yum
libselinux expat fontconfig diffutils hesiod zlib-devel lockdev audiofile
rhpl kudzu bluez-libs cups-libs shared-mime-info logrotate syslinux time
openssl-devel boost guile esound redhat-menus pyOpenSSL libstdc++-devel mailx
wireless-tools libattr-devel mkbootdisk dump boost-devel netdump
bluez-hcidump diskdumputils authconfig netconfig nss_db expat-devel
python-devel lftp mgetty nano bluez-bluefw texinfo talk telnetcdecl pam_krb5
eject rsh pkgconfig rcs cryptsetup doxygen finger man-pages tmpwatch
xorg-x11-libs libbonobo libgnome libbonoboui perl-XML-NamespaceSupport
ypbindlibgnomeui ppp cups gcc valgrind perl-libwww-perl aspell-en
perl-XML-Encoding setools NetworkManager memprof
system-config-securitylevel-tui selinux-policy-targeted acpid ipsec-tools
ncurses-devel cvs logwatch passwd cyrus-sasl-devel up2date redhat-lsb
system-config-network-tui setup basesystem glibc-common glibc libtermcap
ncurses info pcre sed iputils iproute libattr cracklib cracklib-dicts db4
poptcpio MAKEDEV usbutils udev gzip device-mapper lvm2 mkinitrd libsepol
ethtool net-tools coreutils krb5-libs openssh openssh-server bzip2-libs
rpm-libs elfutils gmp python comps bash libxml2 atk dbus freetype libart_lgpl
dbus-glib make libpng libgpg-error newt libgcrypt libtiff nscd bzip2 patch
pyxf86config libogg hal libusb zip libogg-devel slang-devel xmlsec1 utempter
libxml2-python vim-minimal at mtools gpm gettext hotplug krb5-devel groff
procmail cpp umb-scheme libidn alsa-lib howl desktop-file-utils htmlview
ORBit2 rhnlib rmt libtool-libs libwvstreams bind-libs checkpolicy
fedora-logos dosfstools pciutils-devel libacl-devel grub krbafs-devel pinfo
swig anacron sudo xmlsec1-openssl libvorbis-devel bluez-utils libcap-devel
irda-utils readline-devel minicom libxml2-devel setuptool hesiod-devel
stunnel dbus-devel slocate rpm-devel gdb psacct unzip pdksh cscope ed wget
gmp-develsysreport jwhois nc tcsh hdparm lha audit dos2unix pax diffstat
pam_passwdqc rdist db4-utils mtr unix2dos statserial specspo lsof ltrace
dmraid pam_smb pam_ccreds mt-st rootfiles symlinks lrzsz ftp setserial attr
flex perl kernel pango GConf2gnome-vfs2 libgnomecanvas autoconf automake17
libgcj portmap perl-XML-SAX xorg-x11-Mesa-libGL libgcj-devel gnome-keyring qt
libpcap dhclient xinetd glibc-kernheaders glibc-devel policycoreutils
perl-XML-LibXML-Common perl-Convert-ASN1 perl-HTML-Parser perl-XML-Parser
perl-Filter perl-XML-Grove perl-XML-Twig perl-LDAP perl-XML-LibXML gcc-g77
gcc-java wvdial oprofile libtool iptstate automake16 vconfig quota tcpdump
kernel-utils dhcpv6_client isdn4k-utils patchutils numactl fbset
redhat-rpm-config perl-Crypt-SSLeay cyrus-sasl libuser usermode gnupg
nss_ldap python-ldap kbd autofs cyrus-sasl-plain openldap-devel libuser-devel
filesystem libgcc mktemp zlib grep chkconfig findutils words glib2 kernel tar
SysVinit sysklogd module-init-tools tcp_wrappers elfutils-libelf gdbm
rpm-python strace shadow-utilslibjpeg m4 binutils slang libxslt
libtermcap-devel glib libcap file libvorbis libmng openssh-clients bc
crontabs e2fsprogs-devel man gamin curl howl-libs libIDL gnome-mime-data
krbafs libf2c rsync kudzu-devel bind-utils curl-devel gpm-devel newt-devel
libusb-devel bzip2-devel lockdev-devel ntsysv bison libselinux-devel
krb5-workstation gdbm-devel parted ash indent dialog db4-devel setarch
traceroute pam-devel pstack ctags schedutils byacc splint acl rdate mailcap
crash initscriptsgtk2 libglade2 automake15 iptables perl-URI automake
pciutils vixie-cron glibc-headers aspell perl-HTML-Tagset perl-libxml-perl
perl-XML-Dumper valgrind-callgrind gcc-c++ rp-pppoe yp-tools prelink
pcmcia-cs apmd automake14 rpm-build jpackage-utils openldap sendmail
system-config-mouse mdadm nfs-utils cyrus-sasl-md5