Diskless client to run Fedora

D. Malhotra chuldev at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 17:28:58 UTC 2004

Dear Members,

I want to make a cluster of clients which should boot in Fedora core
2/x86-64.

Configuration of my clients would be AMD 64/ADA2800 processors with 2Gigs of
RAM each.

I would be having a central server with loads of data which I would like to
split and loaded on the clients' ramdisks.

The server would fetch data from them when needed. I want this for faster
accessibility.

Where can I find good documents/HOWTOs to create such a configuration of
clients and server? And the tools necessary for the same.

Also, is it possible that I run Windows server 2003 for the server which can
store the kernel for booting the clients and I install bootp/tftp on the
same.

Thanks,

Arnie