hdlist order tag problem

matt whiteley mattwhiteley at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 17:20:52 UTC 2004

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 14:31:43 +0100, Charles Lopes <tjarls at iee.lu> wrote:
> I ran into the same type of problem when I tried to create a local
> network installation point including the packages from the updates.
> Because of the warning I rerun the whole process using a pkgorder file
> and that worked. Because I didn't look into it any further I wasn't sure
> that the first problem was due to a missing pkgorder or not.
> Nevertheless you may want to try it as well. Here's approximatively the
> commands I used:
>
> PYTHONPATH=/usr/lib/anaconda /usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/pkgorder <top dir> i386 > <pkgorder file>
>
> /usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/genhdlist --productpath Fedora --pkgorder <pkgorder file> <top dir>
>
> /usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/buildinstall --product "Fedora Core" --version 3 --release "Fedora Core 3" --pkgorder <pkgorder file> --prodpath Fedora <top dir>

I got away with:

export PYTHONPATH=/usr/lib/anaconda
/usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/genhdlist --productpath Fedora --withnumbers
--pkgorder <file> <dir>
unset PYTHONPATH
run the install

The third argument to pkgorder, I don't remember being in the manpage
but it worked.

good luck,
--
matt whiteley <mattwhiteley at gmail.com>