Issue on the relationship of the three rpms

Jeff Pitman symbiont at berlios.de
Wed Dec 29 07:15:26 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 29 December 2004 14:34, Park Lee wrote:
> What is the difference with the two?
>   And, What's the relationship between them and
> kernel-2.6.9-1.6_FC2.i686.rpm ?

kernel-sourcecode is how it used to be distributed.  Now src.rpm is
used.  FC2 happens to be the distro that is the bridge between the two
distribution methods.  Since FC2 is still supported by Fedora and not
Fedora Legacy, the latest kernels still are updated.

I hope I'm not far off on this.  But, check the fedora-devel archives
around July or so for related "discussion" on the issue.

--
-jeff