rawhide report: 20040128 changes

Alexandre Oliva aoliva at redhat.com
Fri Feb 6 01:52:13 UTC 2004

On Jan 28, 2004, Warren Togami <warren at togami.com> wrote:

> fedora.us IS EXTRAS, and it is already a given that those packages
> will be moved to Fedora Extras at fedora.redhat.com when the time
> comes.

Won't this mean that (i) such packages will only show up weeks after
the ISOs of the main project are available, and (ii) you won't be able
to install them from CDs, without having to download the same packages
over and over for installation in a collection of machines, or for
CD burning in a network-connected location followed by installation in
a disconnected location?

Not everybody is on-line all the time.  I think if we're to move
important packages to Fedora Extras, Fedora Extras releases should be
coordinated with Fedora Core, and should be available as ISOs that,
ideally, anaconda and/or system-config-packages could use.

Happy GNU Year!                     oliva@{lsd.ic.unicamp.br, gnu.org}