cdrdao-1.1.8 released

Mihai Maties mihai at xcyb.org
Tue Feb 17 12:42:38 UTC 2004

On Friday 13 February 2004 22:26, Luciano Miguel Ferreira Rocha wrote:
> > cdrdao-1.1.8 has just been released.
> > It would be nice to have it in FC2 since it can
> > write CDs without the ide-scsi emulation.
>
> cdrdao 1.1.7 on fedora-devel can write cds directly by ATAPI access:

Does anyone successfully burned CDs with cdrdao on kernel 2.4 ? I tried both
1.1.7-8.atapi from rawhide and the final 1.1.8 and I was unable to write any
CDs. I patched cdrdao myself a few months ago for this but the behaviour is
the same: it detects the burner, it can blank a disk, but the write process
fails with an "unable to retrieve drive capabilities page" error.

I tried this on different systems (and different burners) but it failed every
time (cdrecord/readcd works perfectly on these systems [using ATAPI]). The
only thing I didn't try was running cdrdao on a 2.6 kernel so I was wondering
if this is the problem...

Mihai