Open security issues [was: gaim security]

Leonard den Ottolander leonard at den.ottolander.nl
Sun Feb 1 15:53:28 UTC 2004

Hi Jef,

> Looking at the changelog of the gaim in fedora core 1 updates testing
> and looking at the changelog for the rhl9 errata. It seems naively to me
> that the gaim in testing doesn't have the security patch applied.  So
> I don't think it's just a matter of moving the one in testing to
> released. I think there needs to be a new package build for fedora.

I must have misread this. I thought the "large memory leak" was the
issue, and solved in 0.75, but the RH9 changelog suggests that there are
other issues with 0.75 as well.

It seems like the Security Response Team is busy elsewhere. Is anybody
else aware of security issues that are still pending? (mc seems to be
rolling.)

Bye,
Leonard.