kernel 2.6.1-1.65 and VIA Apollo Pro266T AGP

ByteEnable ByteEnable at austin.rr.com
Sun Feb 1 22:52:44 UTC 2004

Okay, I've gotten further now.  By comparing the .99 driver to the 1.0,
I found that in the .99 driver there was a specific via_mask_memory
function.  In the 1.0 driver this was moved to
agp_generic_mask_memory().  I changed the function to behave the way the
old driver did by always: return addr |
agp_bridge->driver->masks[0].mask; .  This actually allows XFree to load
and the log states that AGP 4X is initialized.  However, GDM now states
that it cannot start the XServer and I get some printk's, then GDM asks
if I want to configure the XServer, blah, blah.  Its better than a
hang.  Any got any idea's?

Byte