mplayer vs. xine

Chadley Wilson chadley at pinteq.co.za
Mon Feb 2 11:53:39 UTC 2004

Just a bit off the topic here,

Xine does funny things with certain older dvds on of them is it adjusts
the screen area and doesnt restore it so you find your screen pans when
you push the mouse pointer to the edges.
So I tried installing mplayer via download [I cant get yum to work
because of the companies firewall] and there were too many dependancy
threads so I gave up downloading mplayer.
So I download Gxine instead and problem solved one file one install,
Pretty cool.
Chad