Corporate pressure

david paeme david.paeme at belbone.net
Mon Feb 2 13:03:19 UTC 2004

wouldn't it be a good idea to include some kind of license acceptance
mechanism into apt/yum/rpm?

for example, to get adobe acrobat to install, the user would get a
prompt to accept the adobe license, which he can (and the software
installs), or not (so, it doesn't install...).

software vendors will probably like this, because they can the user to
accept their license, and not having people install the software without
doing that.

and this could work for just about anything (java, flash, binary drivers
like those from nvidia, etc...)

also,the corporate weight of redhat -- or even some high-profile people
like ESR or AC -- could help persuade the companies.

bye,

d.

**by the way, doesn rpm contain a mechanism like this? maybe something
in the specfile?