Synaptics driver in Fedora

Mike A. Harris mharris at redhat.com
Tue Feb 3 08:26:20 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004, Warren Togami wrote:

>Mike Harris said that he would integrate the Synaptics touchpad driver
>into the Fedora RPM if somebody does the necessary work to integrate it
>cleanly, test, and submit the patches.  It is an extremely low priority
>for him so it is highly unlikely that it wont happen unless somebody
>does this necessary work.
>
>I would suggest posting your suggested patches for the .spec and discuss
>driver setup procedure on this list, if you prepare this.

To clarify....

The synaptics package wont compile with the XFree86-SDK.  Paul
Nasrat has worked on this but never sent me a patch that cleanly
applies to the current Fedora rpm, and cleanly compiles.  (the
last patch applied but didn't compile).

It's not a priority to me, so I haven't looked into fixing it,
however if Paul or someone else wants to fix it and send me via
bugzilla, the proper patch that allows the synaptics rpm to
compile using the XFree86-SDK, having *tested* the patch with
XFree86 src.rpm first, and compiled the synaptics driver against
it, I'd be glad to add it to FC2.

I might also then add the synaptics package also, but that's
something I'd need to review first before commiting to it.