Synaptics driver in Fedora

Paul Nasrat pauln at truemesh.com
Tue Feb 3 09:39:48 UTC 2004

On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 09:31:33AM +0000, Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 08:26, Mike A. Harris wrote:
> > The synaptics package wont compile with the XFree86-SDK.  Paul

> But it _is_ a priority for me. FC2 will be quite a pain to use if that
> driver isn't working. I suspect many laptops will suffer from the same
> problem.

The driver does work using imps IIRC, the additional driver provides extra
functionality based on the new input layer and evdev.  See:

http://w1.894.telia.com/~u89404340/touchpad/

Worst case is tap only support with imps using psmouse.proto

Input FAQ here http://lwn.net/Articles/69107/

> I hope to be able to try merging this patch this weekend.

I think it's best to co-ordinate efforts - particularly as I'm fairly
comfortable with what has to be done - but have LifeStuff(TM) and bandwidth
issues atm.

I'm around between 09:30-18:00 UTC on #fedora-devel as nasrat - feel free to
ping me.

We can hammer out some stuff and then report back to list.

Cheers

Paul