Synaptics driver in Fedora

Mike A. Harris mharris at redhat.com
Tue Feb 3 11:44:34 UTC 2004

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004, Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:

>> It's not a priority to me, so I haven't looked into fixing it,
>> however if Paul or someone else wants to fix it and send me via
>> bugzilla, the proper patch that allows the synaptics rpm to
>> compile using the XFree86-SDK, having *tested* the patch with
>> XFree86 src.rpm first, and compiled the synaptics driver against
>> it, I'd be glad to add it to FC2.
>
>But it _is_ a priority for me. FC2 will be quite a pain to use if that
>driver isn't working. I suspect many laptops will suffer from the same
>problem.
>
>I hope to be able to try merging this patch this weekend.

To be clear, what I meant was more along the lines of "I have my
own high priority tasks on my plate for the forseeable future,
and unfortunately this isn't one of them."  It doesn't mean it's
not worthy, but rather that it is dwarfed by more worthy tasks of
higher priority.

For perspective, let's classify this as "Super Duper Important
High Priority".  That said, I have weeks worth of "Ultra Mega
Super Duper Extreme High Priority" items.

Sorry if I made it sound unimportant, but hope this is clearer.

;o)