epic IRC package question

Rich Lafferty rich+rhl at lafferty.ca
Tue Feb 3 18:27:21 UTC 2004

On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 02:16:28PM +0100, Michael Schwendt <ms-nospam-0306 at arcor.de> wrote:
> Inside the spec file for the "epic" package one can read
>
>   # wserv is just not very useful
>   rm -f $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/%{_libexecdir}/wserv
>
> in the %install section. However, that binary seems to be required by the
> "/WINDOW create" command, which spits out an error about not being able to
> exec /usr/libexec/wserv.
>
> So, how is above spec file comment to be understood correctly?

/window create in X or in screen has always been flaky at best; it's
probably understood to be the package author's opinion that it's
not very useful, and that people ought to just /window new instead.

(That might be my opinion and not the package author's, though. :-)

  -Rich

--
 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada    |  Save the Pacific Northwest Tree Octopus!