Corporate pressure

Michel Alexandre Salim salimma at fastmail.fm
Wed Feb 4 03:50:04 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 22:29 +0100, Peter Backlund wrote:
> There are no source tarballs yet, so the source has to be checked out
> from CVS, a cumbersome procedure tha involves ssh tunneling and an
> obscure build system written in Python :-). It won't build with the
> standard RPM_OPT_FLAGS (Real uses -march=pentium -mcpu=pentium) due to
> missing 386 code in a header:

No source tarball.. for the source URL just give the tarball name, and
above it comment out the instructions on how to get it from CVS?

As to RPM_OPT_FLAGS... not too sure if the Fedora.us build system allows
for --target, but a simple way to prevent hardcoding -mcpu=pentium -
march=pentium is to build with --target i686.

That will set both to i686. IIRC Pentium optimization is supposed to
actually slow down execution on non-Pentium systems, but I could be
wrong.

Looking forward to the spec,

- Michel