APT-enabled *development* repository

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Wed Feb 4 17:28:16 UTC 2004

guest wrote :

> Panu Matilainen wrote:
>
> > The only apt-enabled rawhide repository I know of is on freshrpms:
> >
> > rpm http://ayo.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux development/i386 core
> >
> Yep Ive been using apt freshrpms - development for a long time but:
> -as of a couple days ago most of the headers were out of sync with the
> packages, ie, the headers were advanced one version beyond the
> packages.  This caused ~ %80 of apt-get upgrade to fail.
> -the most recent version of apt was not built against the new version 3
> of rpm causing rpm, yum and all of its cousins to be held back

For the out-of-sync problem, you can temporarily use ayo.us.freshrpms.net
where there won't be any problem with the development tree (please don't
point to there for anything else, thanks!). As for the new rpm breaking
apps linked against rpm... I really should play around more with the devel
tree... but expect some goodies and fixes (IIRC ImageMagick dependent stuff
like transcode is also broken now) once test1 is out, at least to bring the
"apt-get dist-upgrade" possibility to the daring :-)

Matthias

Fedora Core release 1 (Yarrow) - Linux kernel 2.6.1-1.61
Load : 0.96 1.06 0.76