Xfree86 bug related.

Mike A. Harris mharris at redhat.com
Wed Feb 4 22:21:18 UTC 2004

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

>Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 18:12:28 +0100
>From: Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora at leemhuis.info>
>To: "fedora-devel-list at redhat.com" <fedora-devel-list at redhat.com>
>Subject: Re: Xfree86 bug related.
>
>Am Mi, den 04.02.2004 schrieb jeffrin_jose at rajagiritech.ac.in um 16:59:
>> hello ,
>>
>> I have Fedora Core 1 one in my home PC.
>> It' reports a bug like this ...
>>
>> atkbd.c : This is an XFree86 bug .It should not access hardware directly.
>> atkbd.c: unknown key released (translated set 2,code 0x7a on isa0060/serio0).
>>
>> Please tell me if possible what the error message indicates.
>
>Quoting
>http://lwn.net/Articles/69107/

Ah good, that's a start.  It's more or less what I figured
though.  Wether the "fix" is simple or not depends on why X
exactly is accessing the keyboard controller, which I may have
known at one point but don't recall.

The FAQ seems to state that the kernel detects this *cough*
problem *cough* and handles it properly however, so there's no
problem actually occuring (at least that I can see).  Wouldn't be
a high priority to look into, but low priority bugs such as this
are good low hanging fruit for interested volunteers to help
out OSS development by tracking the problem down and trying to
fix it.

If anyone is interested in looking at this and needs any
assistance figuring out X, etc. feel free to ping me in
#freedesktop, or #xfree86 on irc.freenode.net.

Might want to drop it in bugzilla also as a low priority tracker
bug perhaps.