Sound in rawhide

Mark mark at harddata.com
Thu Feb 5 23:36:30 UTC 2004

On February 05, 2004 04:19 pm, Paul Iadonisi wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-02-05 at 17:40, Dax Kelson wrote:
> > ALSA defaults to muted.
> >
> > Run alsamixer and see if you have "MM" at the top of the "Master" or
>
> No dice.  I'm having the same problem and running alsamixer yields the
> following message:

I am having some problems with my Athlon64 box as well. But since I am not
running the Rawhide kernel but a custom one, it may be a problem with the
alsa libs or something. It was working and stopped. Interestly enough that's
not the first time I have seen alsa do that.

Mark Lane, CET mailto:mark at harddata.com
Hard Data Ltd. http://www.harddata.com
T: 01-780-456-9771   F: 01-780-456-9772
11060 - 166 Avenue Edmonton, AB, Canada, T5X 1Y3
--> Ask me about our Excellent 1U Systems! <--