release candidate zsh configs

Nils Philippsen nphilipp at redhat.com
Sun Feb 8 09:47:03 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-02-08 at 09:31, Warren Togami wrote:

> I just had a thought...
>
> Would something like this be inappropriate?
>
> If the user runs zsh and ~/.zshrc does not exist but /etc/skel/.zshrc
> does exist, then copy it into their home directory.  Only a small patch
> to zsh would allow this, and this should not have any drawbacks.

Hmm, somehow this doesn't feel good to me. I'm not a zsh user, but a
shell automatically installing a default configuration -- when it would
work flawlessly without -- seems strange in my book. If you could get
upstream to accept that change, I'd see it differently. At last admins
or the zsh user himslef can easily do that manually (admins for all
users if they desire to).

Nils
     Nils Philippsen    /    Red Hat    /    nphilipp at redhat.com