problem w/ running opengl/Mesa apps on fc1x

Didier Casse didierbe at sps.nus.edu.sg
Mon Feb 9 07:46:55 UTC 2004

On 09/02/04, at 02:37 -0500, Mike A. Harris <mharris at redhat.com> wrote:

> Unfortunately, you haven't given any information that is useful
> to determining what the problem is, nor even stated what video
> card you are using.
>
> This is the fedora development mailing list for discussion of
> Fedora development issues however, it isn't an end user technical
> support forum for XFree86 DRI problems.

Dear Mike,
           My Mesa apps used to work w/ earlier versions of RH (i.e RH8
and below) on the same machine where I only changed a Harddisk! I decided
to revive them today and realized that they compile correctly but they
give the error stated earlier.

I think this can also be interpreted as a Fedora issue since some friends
ran my program on Debian w/ the latest xfree86 libs and it works fine (On
the same brand and configuration of PCs). I just tested on the latest SuSE
in the office and guess what? It's also running fine.

I will nevertheless post it on the xfree86 list too.

With kind regards,

Didier.

---
PhD student.

Singapore Synchrotron Light Source (SSLS)
5 Research Link,
Singapore 117603

Email: slsbdfc at nus dot edu dot sg /
didierbe at sps dot nus dot edu dot sg