I noticed that kudzu doesn't config OSS emulation is this meant to be?

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at dev.InTechnology.co.uk
Tue Feb 10 09:30:30 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-10 at 02:12, Jim Cornette wrote:
> They are in this file. My sound did not work though until I added them
> to the /etc/modprobe.conf file. I didn't have usb either until I added
> the below to the file. (This is a development install from early January)

This almost certainly doesn't apply to you, but I have a RH9 box with
2.6 kernel and associated packages, where lots of things related to
modules weren't working.  This was down to the hotplug package being
outdated - within its scripts it has some tests for 2.4 & 2.5 kernels
and if they are present uses the /lib/modules/<ver>/modules.* files.
The version of hotplug in RH9 does *not* have 2.6 clauses, so treats
them the same as 2.2 and below kernels.

Updating hotplug to a later version fixed this for me.

	Nigel.