mailman default RedirectMatch problem?

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Tue Feb 10 09:57:54 UTC 2004

/etc/httpd/conf.d/mailman.conf:
#
#  httpd configuration settings for use with mailman.
#

ScriptAlias /mailman/ @MMDIR@/cgi-bin/
Alias /pipermail/ @VARMMDIR@/archives/public/
<Directory @VARMMDIR@/archives>
         Options +FollowSymlinks
</Directory>

# Uncomment the following line, replacing www.example.com with your server's
# name, to redirect queries to /mailman to the listinfo page (recommended).

On a FC1 system I uncommented out the bottom line and set my domain
name.  Then following the REDHAT install directions I created a mailing
list called "mailman".  Unfortunately this seems to cause problems.

http://www.example.com/mailman/
This URL properly redirects to
http://www.example.com/mailman/listinfo

but this URL also redirects to
http://www.example.com/mailman/listinfo

It seems that the RedirectMatch happens for any directory in the path
ending with "/mailman[/]".  When I changed the rule to read: