RFC: fedora.us bugzilla keywords

Marius L. Jøhndal mariuslj at ifi.uio.no
Tue Feb 10 16:05:55 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-10 at 12:49 +0200, Panu Matilainen wrote:
> While on the topic of adding keywords to bugzilla - can we please
> implement at lesat part of Ville's suggestion here:
> http://www.fedora.us/pipermail/fedora-devel/2003-December/002388.html
>
> Just having keywords like "games", "laptop", "perl" etc attached to
> package submission/QA bug so you could query for packages you are interested in would make
> finding the interesting packages a whole lot easier.

Although it will clutter the keyword field quite a lot, I am very much
in favour of having such keywords. I think it might even help some of
the packages that have been stuck in QA forever get some attention, as a
QA'er will be able to spot packages that are unknown to him, but still
fall within his area of interest.

Some keywords (pretty much off the top of my head and from Ville's list)
that I would like to see:

- NETWORKING, MULTIMEDIA, DATABASE, DEVELOPMENT, PUBLISHING, GAMES
- GNOME, KDE
- PERL, PYTHON

i.e. both purpose, environment and language

--
Marius L. Jøhndal <mariuslj at ifi.uio.no>
Credo certe ne cras.