I was wondering why fedora has choosen yum over apt-get

Kristof Vansant de_lupus at pandora.be
Tue Feb 10 18:16:57 UTC 2004

k but I still don't understand why with yum everything goes slower then with
apt-get.
Has apt-get better mirror support or something?
My friend has a big apt-get sources list and yum list. Apt-get had his
sources list in 2 minutes. Yum was still loading header files after half an
hour.
I can understand his frustration. What's the cause in this big speed
difference?

And yes I have read http://linux.duke.edu/projects/yum/questions.ptml