I was wondering why fedora has choosen yum over apt-get

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Tue Feb 10 22:50:56 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-10 at 17:47, Kir Kolyshkin wrote:
> Warren Togami wrote:
>
> > 3) Removal of entire trees with dependencies.
>
> I just wonder whether this functionality will ever be implemented in
> yum. Seth, can you shed the light on this, please?

do you mean the leaf-node case or the cascading removals?

The latter works now.
The former can be implemented - it's just a matter of available
developer time and interest (read that as me :)

It's not all that hard, really.

Take the list of deps for the package you want to remove. Look at them,
if nothing else depends on them, other than the package you want to
remove, remove them also.

-sv